Scorn of the Demon Chimera
- Difficulty: 6★
- Reference: Announcement
- Release Date: 5/24/18, 1061 days ago.
|Difficulty||Energy||Battle||Gil||Unit XP||Rank XP||Clear Reward|
|Complete the quest||Force Armor+|
|Defeat demon chimera with magic||5 Trust Moogle|
|Party of 4 or less (Companion included)||Rare Summon Ticket|
|No items||Heavy Chimera|
|Demon Chimera No. 142|
|Status Ailment Resistance|
|Immune to ATK/MAG break. Vulnerable to DEF/SPR break.|
- HP Thresholds
- 80% HP Beast's Seal -> Beast's Roar and resumes standard rotation.
- 50% HP Beast's Seal -> Beast's Roar and begins casting Chimera Pupil -> Thunderbolt once per turn in addition to the standard rotation.
- 30% HP Beast's Seal -> Beast's Roar and resumes the previous threshold's rotation
- Casts Venom Breath and Sweep once per turn
- Remaining actions are as follows:
- (33%) Blaze
- (100%) Icestorm or Thunderbolt (50% each)
- (100%) Romp
- (100%) Romp
- See testimonials and discussions.
- Use water, wind, earth, or non-elemental attacks.
- Since most magic attacks are elemental, the Physical Route may be easier.
- Sleep Abuse route
- Chimera can be put to sleep once. It becomes immune to sleep after the first application.
- It will sleep for 3 turns, allowing you to attack for 4 turns. Make sure to attack first before sleeping it.
- Once you put Demon Chimera to sleep, attack it with:
- Physical attacks will wake it up, but you can still use this strategy to give you one extra turn (attack > sleep > attack).
- Toxic Rain will pretty much guarantees sleep to proc.
- Physical Cover Tank route
- Bring a physical cover tank, 1 or 2 damage dealers and the rest as support.
- Allows you to better deal with the thresholds, as Chimera casts a heavy hitting AoE Physical skill (Beast's Seal) and simplifies dealing with Chimera Pupil, as it's a Physical Type Attack.
- Your team will have to handle Blaze, Icestorm and Thunderbolt by themselves, so you need to raise the HP/SPR and fire, ice, and lightning resistance of the whole team
- Your tank will also take heavy damage from Chimera Pupil, as it deals magic damage
- Magic Cover Tank route
- Bring a magic cover tank, 1 or 2 damage dealers and the rest as support
- A properly geared magic tank (ideally with 100% fire/ice/lightning resistances) is able to ward off almost all incoming magic damage on this trial, as all but one ability have an element
- However, your team will have to handle all the physical damage, including Beast's Seal on thresholds.
- Beast's Seal can be dodged with AoE mirage (e.g. Sara's Retreat Command or Illusionist Nichol's LB)
- Threshold route
- The Chimera's threshold actions are predictable and relatively weak: as long as you can survive and heal up after Beast's Seal and have Dispel for Beast's Roar (or can survive Beast's Seal despite the buffs) you're in the clear.
- This requires you to be able to do enough damage to break a threshold (more than 30%) every turn.
- Beast's Seal can be dodged with an AoE mirage or a mirage/evading physical cover tank, so if you can break a threshold every turn and have one you won't take any damage at all. This means Illusionist Nichol can trivialize this fight.
- To do this with 4 you'll probably want two chainers using water, wind or earth; a buffer like Soleil, Maritime Strategist Nichol or a Bard; and a healer or cover tank. You'll want a dispel and, depending on your damage output, you'll likely need a defense/spirit break as well. Neither should be on your damage dealers as you'll need to use both every turn.
- If you are using a bard you may be able to forgo a healer, but be aware that the Chimera does use status ailments during any non threshold turns you have to endure such as if you need to set up elemental enchants.
To be able to add an external link, you need to contribute by editing 3 or more times.